Brooding over dinos

Tom Hopp wrote:

<My point is: the wing is HIGHLY evolved for brooding as well --
therefore I ask, on what grounds do we assume that flight came first?>

It seems to me that the preserved postion of the arms in the "brooding
Oviraptor" fossil---an inverted V shape with the hand flexed
posteriorly--strongly suggests that the creature possessed a patagium, a
definite flight character. Since it is presumed that O did not fly, a
patagium would indicate secondary flightlessness.