nesting rexes (resting nexes?)

Folks,

Much as I like tyrants (well, tyrant dinos at least), I do not think that
brooding would be a likely behavior for them.  My expectation, on
biomechanical grounds, would be that they were mound nesters.  Hopefully
some of the big eggs out of China will prove to be tyrannosaurids (and not
therizinosauroids), and (also hopefully, but less so, given the way these
things seem to be collected... :-S ) the proper site sedimentology and
taphonomy will be done to try and determine if sand, plant fragments, etc.
were associated with the egg sites.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661