RE: T rex brooding

        [Stewart, Dwight]  -------------------------------------------------

        Okay, I see your point.  I've wondered about the arms myself.  WAS
        evolution in the process of eliminating them?  We'll probably never
know
        that.  Didn't Dr. Horner (or was it Currie) estimate that an adult
tyrannosaur
        could single-arm curl ~ 350 pounds???  Even with limited flexion at
        the "shoulder joint" (or perhaps, nearly none!) that's enormously
strong
        for a 'human sized' limb.  In my distant youth I was a competive
power
        lifter & the heaviest single-arm curl I ever heard of was 150
pounds.
        IF the tyrannosaur forelimbs were as strong as some infer, that
would
        seem to work in favor of 'breasting'.
        Dwight