Re: Freshwater

In a message dated 98-08-18 20:01:30 EDT, jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:

<< Around 6% of Campanian+Maastrichtian non-avian dinosaurs had adult forms 2
 meters or less long. (From Graham Worth's Dinosaur Encyclopedia.) But
 there could be some preservational bias--smaller fossils don't preserve as
well as big.   >>

I can't offhand think of any Maastrichtian dinosaurs that were less than about
2 meters long as adults. But when I wonder about "small" dinosaurs, I'm
talking only 50 cm long--_Archaeopteryx_-size and thereabouts. Something in
the size range of Maastrichtian placental mammals, which would have been their
ecological competitors.