Re: Brooding over dinos

Patrick Norton wrote:

<It seems to me that the preserved postion of the arms in the
"brooding Oviraptor" fossil---an inverted V shape with the hand flexed
posteriorly--strongly suggests that the creature possessed a patagium,
a definite flight character. Since it is presumed that O did not fly,
a patagium would indicate secondary flightlessness.>

  Based on a clade like this:

--Maniraptora
  |--Paraves
  |  |--Dromaeosauridae
  |  +--Avialae
  +--Oviraptorosauria

  I would agree, where Archie and Ovi share a common ancestor.

==
Jaime A. Headden

Qilong, the website, at:
---