Re: Extinction scenarios

In a message dated 98-08-18 21:49:18 EDT, jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:

<< Otherwise you just seem to be heading toward the: "we don't know how it
happened but there was a lot of ecological turmoil caused, probably, by a
variety of forces, biological and physical (including the bolide) having
unspecified effects."  Which is to say, away from the bolide-as-sufficient
idea! >>

Ah-->that's< the point I was trying to make. None of those "forces" would have
been brought into play >without< the bolide impact, so it is perfectly valid
to maintain that the impact >caused< the extinction--through the "ecological
turmoil" that it created as well as through its direct physical effects.