Re: Looking for tiny dinosaurs

Regarding _Revueltosaurus callenderi_ teeth:

        Typical crowns of _Revueltosaurus_ are on the order of 1 cm tall.
With roots, such teeth approach (and some may exceed) 2 cm. They
are far larger than the teeth of taxa such as _Tecovasaurus_ and
_Lucianosaurus_, which are typically on the order of 2-3 mm in height. The
original article on _Revueltosaurus_ by Hunt (1989) is hard to find in the
now-out-of-print "Dawn of the Age of Dinosaurs in the American Southwest".
However, Padian wrote a brief note in 1990 that appears in the Journal of
Vertebrate Paleontology  about _Revueltosaurus_ teeth from the Painted
Desert in the Petrified Forest National Park that is more accessible and
shows some pictures. I can provide more detailed references on request.

Andrew B. Heckert

> Which reminds me... can anyone give me the dimensions for the teeth
> of _Revueltosaurus_?
>
> ( I have Donald Glut's Dinosaur Encyclopedia, but the measurements
> he gives are frankly unbelievable - just one of the uncountable number of
> typos in this volume.)

Andrew B. Heckert
Dept. Earth and Planetary Sciences
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

"The great thing about democracy is that people elect the government they
deserve."
        -???