Purussaurus

Hi all...

I was going through some articles that I've collected over the years,
and I found one that I'd clipped from Omni magazine some years back.  It
was in regards to a truly massive South American crocodilian named
Purussaurus.  The article is short, and gives some preliminary
measurements (40' long, 8' tall, 10-12 tons), and was touted as among
the Earth's largest carnivores.  It lived and died as recently as 8
million years ago.

Something like this intrigued me, and I was wondering if anyone might
know anything else about the animal.  At the date of the article, only
the massive skull had been found.  Thanks for any info...

regards....
--
John M. Dollan
Montana State University-Northern

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe...."  Carl Sagan