Discussion of cutting off discussions ends *NOW*

When I asked everyone to wrap up the extinction thread I did NOT ask
for comments on the moratorium itself.  If you want to have such a
discussion, it should start with me OFF-LIST.  The last thing I want
to have entertained here is a discussion about discussion -- go look
at the rationale behind the policy of cutting off threads to see how
those of you who have written to the list have violated the spirit of
the law:

http://www.cisab.indiana.edu/~mrowe/dinosaur-administrivia.html#section_8h

I'll excerpt the most relevant sentence:

> The purpose of this rule is to end meta-discussions about what should
> or shouldn't be discussed on the list.

I reiterate, if you wish to entertain such a meta-discussion, have it
with me off-list.

Thanks for your cooperation,

--
Mickey Rowe     (mrowe@indiana.edu)

P.S. By my rough count, nearly 30% of the traffic this month has been
tied up in the extinction thread.  Contrary to the expressed opinion
of a few, it appears to me that that is a gross overrepresentation of
how important the topic is to most people who care about how dinosaurs
lived.  I'm not rescinding my decision -- you now have about an hour
and a half to speak your peace on the subject.  See the URL listed
above if you want to know what will happen to you if you tempt fate...