gastroliths

     Hello Folks , As usual I need some assistance , some weeks ago it
was said on the
list that the position of gastroliths in relation to the rest of the
specimen was indicative
of the transition from dinosaur to avian , now I have studied the print
in the national geo.
of Caudipteryx , blown it up as much as possible , but I do not have the
expertise to determine if the gastroliths position in the specimen can
tell us if the specimen is more
dinosaur or avian by being more forward (avian) or aft (dinosaur) . I
should think that someone that has actually seen the specimen may be
able to tell . In any case I would appreciate all comments .
More Thanks .
Earl