Re: Argentavis

Jonathan Schmidt wrote:

<Hi! I would like to know what is known of the skeleton of Argentavis
magnificens that magnificent argentine bird with a wingspan of 25 feet.>

  Not a whole lot, I can tell you.

  While *Teratornis* and *Cathartornis* were smaller, they were more
complete. *Argentavis* has much of the skull present---looks like a
cross between an eagle and a gull---plus fragments from the rest of
the skeleton, all over, so we can pretty much tell this thing's a
mondo bird.

  Try _Origin and Evolution of Birds_ (Feduccia, 1996).

==
Jaime A. Headden

Qilong, the website, at:
---