Re: NOVACEK AND CARNOSAURIA

<< As for Norell..  Norell is interested in theropodian phylogenetics as
 well as crocodilian and varanoid phylogenetics.  Norell is probably the
 progenitor of the "tyrannosaurs inside a monophyletic Carnosauria" in
 recent (post-Holtz :)) times.  I don't know if he actually believed or
 believes this (I think he may hold a position close to Sereno's;
 tyrannosaurs are coelurosaurs but not "maniraptorans").

 Anyway, I hope that this clears some things up,

 Clears some things up?!!? Oh, brother!  Anyone got an asprin, please! Dan
Varner.