Re: [Fwd: Dinosaur Society]

Stewart, Dwight wrote:

> 2)      Our local zoo, EVER THE PROMOTERS, have been advertising their two
> Kommodo Dragons (sp?) as "dinosaur survivors".    I'm just anal retentive
> enough for this to rub me slightly wrong.

Drop one of the M's, and it'll be right.  As for the wrong-way rub, I react the
same way, but I rationalize it thusly: I dunno how old the genus _Varanus_ is,
but certainly the varanid lizards have been around since the Mesozoic.  So the
Komodo dragon lizard's ancestors did survive the K-T extinction, where dinosaurs
didn't.

-- Jon W.