Dim Memories From Ages Past Time

In a message dated 98-08-27 22:51:10 EDT, Dwight Stewart writes:

<< But, from the front
 of the crowd, this (perhaps) eight year old girl explained; "Their
 resemblance to dinosaurs is only slight.  Actually,  modern lizards are not
 much like dinosaurs."  I chuckled to myself, as this rather red-faced older
 guy walked off mumbling! :-)  I assume he was the fellow who made the
 original remark. >>

  It is intriguing, however, that some varanid lizards rear up on their hind
legs when assuming a threat posture, creating a petty good impression of a
theropod dinosaur. Dan Varner.