RE: Dim Memories From Ages Past Time

Yes, isn't there an Australian lizard that does this?

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Danvarner@aol.com [SMTP:Danvarner@aol.com]
        Sent:   Thursday, August 27, 1998 11:18 PM
        To:     Dwight.Stewart@VLSI.com
        Cc:     dinosaur@usc.edu
        Subject:        Dim Memories From Ages Past Time

        In a message dated 98-08-27 22:51:10 EDT, Dwight Stewart writes:

        << But, from the front
         of the crowd, this (perhaps) eight year old girl explained; "Their
         resemblance to dinosaurs is only slight.  Actually,  modern lizards
are not
         much like dinosaurs."  I chuckled to myself, as this rather
red-faced older
         guy walked off mumbling! :-)  I assume he was the fellow who made
the
         original remark. >>

          It is intriguing, however, that some varanid lizards rear up on
their hind
        legs when assuming a threat posture, creating a petty good
impression of a
        theropod dinosaur. Dan Varner.