RE: [Fwd: Dinosaur Society]

The "crown" group of a bit more than superficially bird - like dinosaurs
is like a flower and most flowers have a stem. In this case, the stem is
an ancestral lineage that travels backward in time. Bird - like dinosaurs
didn't just appear. The crown is a product of many years of
evolution. Birds could well have evolved as a branch from the
stem. In that case they would be related to the bird - like dinosaurs and
they would represent their decendents.

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu