Re: Enantiornithes question

Dann Pigdon wrote:

> I am attempting a reconstruction of an Enantiornithine bird, and
> have a few questions (see, the subject line doesn't lie).
>
> On a skeletal reconstruction of Sinornis there seems to be some
> indication of wing claws. Would this be something in common with
> most Enantiornithes (especially Early Cretaceous species), and
> if so, would they be prominant enough to be visible?
>
> Also, is Sinornis now considered Enantiornithine (a la Chiappe 1995,
> "1st 85 million years...")?
>
> Is there a good, recent article/book that offers a synthesis
> of the Enantiornithes clad (if clad is the word I'm looking for)?
> I'm having a devil of a time finding info on them.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Try these...

Chiappe, Luis M., 1996. Late Cretaceous Birds of Southern South America:
Anatomy and Systematics of Enantiornithes and Patagopteryx deferrariisi.
Munchner Geowiss. Abh (A), 30: 203-244.

Chiappe, Luis M., 1996. Early Avian evolution in the Southern
Hemisphere: The fossil record of Birds in the Mesozoic of Gondwana.
Proceedings of the Gondwana Dinosaur Symposium, Memoirs of the
Queensland Museum, Volume 39, Part 3: 533-554.

Chiappe, Luis M., and Jorge O. Calvo, 1994. Neuquenornis volans, a new
Late Cretaceous bird (Enantiornithes: Avisauridae) from Patagonia,
Argentina. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, Volume 14, Number 2:
230-246.

Kurochkin, Evgeny N,. 1996. A New Enantiornithid of the Mongolian Late
Cretaceous, and a general appraisal of the Infraclass Enantiornithes
(Aves). Russian Academy of Sciences, Palaeontological Institute, Special
Issue: 50pp.

Martin, Larry D., 1995. The Enantiornithes: Terrestrial birds of the
Cretaceous. Courier Forschungsinstitut Senkenberg, Volume 181: 23-36.

Tracy