Re: GSP's hadrosaurian reconstructions

In a message dated 98-08-30 16:21:05 EDT, vonrex@gte.net writes:

<< Dinogeorge tries to say that mistakes are no big deal because they can be
 corrected, but if the mistakes get made into pictures and published, how
 are people to know that the artist may have changed his mind later?   >>

If you would read my stuff more carefully--particularly the post I spent three
hours over earlier this morning!--you would realize that I have made quite a
big deal out of mistakes in paleontology. Some mistakes--such as
misinterpreting a shadow in a photo or overlooking a small process in a
bone--are of little consequence except to professional paleontologists and are
easily corrected, but others are very costly, especially those that remain in
the literature for years and years. It is these kinds of mistakes that cast
the professionalism of the whole field of dinosaur paleontology in a bad light
(to make a couple of very bad puns).

It is Ken Carpenter, not me, who is actually saying that mistakes are no big
deal, that that's just how science works. Look at his own words!