Re: GSP's hadrosaurian reconstructions

Tracy:

    Some of us are slightly behind the times in some areas.  I read quite a
bit just to maintain expertise in my _own_ profession.  I had not seen the
'thick' necks on hadrosaurs until I read Greg's article as printed in the
DinoFest International symposium proceedings (from the 1996 DinoFest,
published for the 1998 DinoFest).  I did not see Stephen's paper.  I was
unaware of this _new_ reconstruction until now.

    I know that you have quite a large collection of references and papers
(based on discussions on-list).  Some of us do not have access to a lot of
papers, or extra funds for reprints.  (While I usually make a bit of money,
I also have some high expenses - including health problems with my mother
AND my mother-in-law).

    As I indicated in my previous post, I like the neck on SOME of the
hadrosaurs, but not on all of them (especially the longer-necked* ones).  [*
longer-necked in proportion to the rest of the body, versus the shorter
proportions].  What is your impression of this observation?

    I too hate it when an artist doesn't do his homework.  Most of my
friends who are paleo-life artists do their homework, and correct their
sculptures and paintings as needed. {Admittedly a short list of people - but
a list nonetheless}.

    Good luck, and don't get too frustrated.  Some of us appreciate good,
correct work.  I did subscribe to some of George's publications, so I have
seen many of your drawings, and I have seen some of your articles in
Prehistoric Times.

    Allan Edels