Reptilia (was: Re: wow! another application form! :-)

Reptilia:  (Anapsida + Diapsida)

Diapsids include dinosaurs (incl. birds), crocodylians, _Sphenodon_,
lizards, snakes, ichthyopterygians. . . etc.  See T. Mike Keesey's wonderful
cladogram of Sauropsida (_Mesosaurus_ + Reptilia) at:

http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~tkeese1/dinosaur/taxa/sauropsi.htm

However, I do understand the idea behind the question.  I feel that
dinosaurs do not belong under the traditional definition of reptile.  I feel
that they differ considerably from our idea of low, crawling, low-metabolic
rate, creatures.  But, at the same time, see above.

Have a great night.

Jack