RE: Polar sauropods

        [Stewart, Dwight]  #############################

        Unless there is a very recent discovery, no polar sauropods have
been found.
        Sauropods certainly lived in temperate regions.  I don't think the
fact that sauropods
        haven't been found in polar regions precludes their having been
there.  Few fossils
        have been found in these regions, and that may be more due to the
difficulty of
        locating and extracting fossils there than in any gross lack of
specimens.
        Perhaps a better question is; what were the polar regions like
during the immensely
        long period that sauropods existed?

        Dwight