Re: The life of birds

I owe Dann Pigdon a public apology.  On checking the ABC TV program "The
Life of Birds" I found that his comments are perfectly correct - there was a
segment proposing the origin of flight as a means of escape from predators

So, Dann, I'm sorry.  I apologise, grovel and humbly beg forgiveness.  My
only excuse is that this was the first TV program I've seen since the
Pliocene.  And it was difficult to concentrate while my 12-year-old son was
pelting me with pizza and demanding to see "The Simpsons"...

Back to the (slower moving) paperwork...

Tony Thulborn
.