On attachments, HTML, polar stuff etc

--Original Message-- From: Mickey P. Rowe <mrowe@indiana.edu> 06 December
1998 21:51

>Many
>people using Microsoft Outlook or Netscape Navigator to send mail send
>us not only a text version of their message, but also an html version
>as an attachment.  Please learn how to use your software to turn this
>feature off
[snip]

In "Microsoft Outlook" this can be done by selecting (in Outlook Express
itself) "Tools", then "Options", then the "Send" tab, and then selecting
"Plain text" instead of "HTML" in the "mail sending format" bit.  (Could do
it for "News sending format" too if you wanted).

(Sorry to bore you with this, but you know how proud you are when you've
discovered something - you want to tell everyone about it!)

-----#-----

Thank you Archosaur J for your reply and URL on polar turtles. . .

-----#-----

...and John Bois on Polar dinos.  "Na-dinos" - would they be Na-dene
speakers?

-----#-----

Sherry Michael said:

>>On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, John V Jackson wrote:

>>Another consideration is the relatively small baby size the bigger the
>>parent.  Could the babies get up enough speed for the return trip.

>Maybe the juvinelles were left behind in the warmer climates for a year?

I don't know of any mammals that do that today, though birds and turtles
leave their young behind.  (Must have been a shock to the first generation
of youngsters that happened to!)  But also, the young of birds are born at
the polar end of the journey (usually?).

(By the way, no matter how much I may have wished to have written the
paragraph you ascribed to me, it was the work of John Bois.)

-----#-----

>This may be a little late but here's my observations on dinosaurian
>eyes.

>OWLS

>These are found in most all birds and vary from cartilagenous to
>completely ossified and bony.

Nice one, Matt!

I'm sure it will be of great comfort to you to know that I too am a fellow
owl skinner.  I told my cleaning lady I found a mouse inside my owl and she
said "Oh yes, they get everywhere don't they!"

[That's enough rubbish! - (ed.)]

JJ