Re: ASYMMETRICAL OWL EARS

At 10:58 -0500 8/12/98, darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:
>Matt Troutman writes..
>
>Matt Matt Matt, you forgot to mention the fact that some (all?) owls
>have asymmetrically positioned ears: one ear is literally higher up
>one side of the head from the other. This aids directional hearing.

How is this different than just tilting the head?  Can owls tilt their heads?

Laurie Nyveen                                  lawrence@dsuper.net
Editor, Netsurfer Digest - <http://www.netsurf.com/nsd/index.html>
DNRC Minister of Adding "ue" to Words That End in "log"
"All we are, basically, are monkeys with car keys."
                             - Grandma Woody (Northern Exposure)