Re: Skippy the baby (was Re: tyrannosauus)

At 03:18 PM 12/8/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:
>
>> (Personally, I'm hoping it turns out to be a hatchling _Deltadromeus_...)
>
>Is this just wishful thinking, or is there some chance that this might
>actually be the case?

Well, there is very weak evidence it might be the case: a) both are
coelurosaurs; b) both are from the Tethyan region; c) both are comparable in
age (although not exactly the same age).  So, no positive evidence for it,
but a possibility.

As for the radical size difference, please remember the small size of many
dinosaur hatchlings compared to the adults (the new titanosaurids, the baby
hadrosaurids, etc.).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661