Re: More tyrant Q & A's

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
wrote:
<However, is there experimental proof suggesting that 20% is
necessary and sufficient?  >

<Not that I am arguing that Stan and Sue are different taxa: I think the
case
that they are two individuals of the same species (_T. rex_) is very
strong.>

I second that opinion.

What about subspecies? Some recent big mammal subspecies vary significantly
in size (Loxodonta). Even the members of the same species can vary in size
quite a lot. Mammuthus primigenius averaged in height 3,5 meters, though
individuals over 4 meters are not rare (some fragmentary fossils indicate
mammoths over 5 meters height!).

>>>Dinosaur Illustrated Magazine has been updated, recently<<<
>>>Subscribe to DIM newsletter <<<
Berislav Krzic
illustrissimus@usa.net
ILLUSTRISSIMUS PRODUCTION