RE: More tyrant Q & A's

        ###################

           I shouldn't have used mammals as an example.  I thought about
that later. :-)  But, aren't male crocodiles larger than females?  I know
there are birds in which the females are larger.   My point was that I have
heard the African lion analogy used a few times to compare Tyrannosaurs &
THAT analogy seems wholly untenable.  African male lions outweigh the
females by ~ 20-30%.  So, if Tyrannosaurus rex males were smaller (& I think
the evidence supports this) the "lion strategy"
        wouldn't seem to hold.  Or perhaps T.rex had no permanent social
interaction with its own genus except at mating time???

        Thanks,
        Dwight