Re: Climbing dromaeosaurs?

At 02:44 AM 12/12/98 +1100, it was written:
>We've bandied about theories here concerning the utility of
>dromaeosaurs' enlarged hindclaws, and discussed the difficulty they'd
>have had slashing with them.  Some have suggested that the claw may
>have been used instead to climb trees.

I've never liked this theory.  There are many successful strategies
for climbing trees, and nothing like the dromaeosaur claw.  Although
it seems that such a claw would work, it doesn't seem like it would
work that well.  And if it did, three or four suck claws should work
better.  And it seems a sicle would work much better on a hand or
foreleg than the rear leg.

So, does someone have a counter to these arguments?

-Randy