RE: Climbing dromaeosaurs?

        ############################

        The claw of Dromaeosaurs doesn't look like a climbing design to me.
It might be
        good for getting the animal STUCK partway up the tree, but for
efficient climbing(?):
        I doubt it.  Look at the claws of a tree sloth or the claws of a
cat, or the hands,
        arms, AND tails of monkeys.  The whole idea of climbing strategy is
mobility &
        retraction, not just the ability to hang on.  And, I agree that
claws on the forelegs
        would be more useful.  Of course, some climbing animals have claws
on all 4 limbs,
        but why only on the hindlimbs?  I like the digging hypothesis.  But
I suspect Drom-
        aeosaur claws probably served multiple purposes (such as digging AND
defense/
        attack).  But, I don't think they were used for climbing.  I'm open
to being convinced
        otherwise, however.

        Dwight