Re: Vertebral spines on sauropods...

Dinogeorge wrote :

> Most
> likely the whiplike and straplike (they're not at all robust) elongated
neural
> spines supported a pair of fins along the neck that became a single tall
ridge
> somewhere down the back.

How much divergence is there at the tips of the parallel cervical dorsal
spines  ? Amargasaurus spines are to a degree an extreme example of the
condition seen in Dicraeosaurus . Does Dicraeosaurus have the potential for
having two , low sail-like structures down the neck and trunk , or one
ridge with a shallow trough between the tips of the elongated spines ? If
the former , then I would argue for a pair of fins , per George's statement