Re: Climbing Dromies

 While not advcating the idea of tree climbing dromeosaurs, there are othr
reasons for climbing than hunting for prey in the trees. Climbing up into the
trees is a useful way to get some sleep or eat your food in peace without
having to worry about other predators in the neighborhood. This is primarily
what leopards climb for, I believe. They are well known for dragging sizable
prey into the trees with them so they don't have to worry about sharing and
can enjoy a nice meal in peace. They can also use it as a jumping off platform
onto prey in which the claws would be in perfect position for the claw to do
serious damage on whatever they landed on.

Joe Daniel