Re: Climbing Dromies

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Campbell <sankarah@ou.edu>
To: tons@ccs.logicsouth.com <tons@ccs.logicsouth.com>
Cc: ornstn@home.com <ornstn@home.com>; dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Monday, December 14, 1998 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: Climbing Dromies

Chris wrote:

>Yup, and then usually only younger animals.  I'm not sure one can say
>that all other cats take prey from trees; tigers come to mind as a
>possible exception (though I don't really put anything past them).

>I think it's entirely reasonable to speculate that some dromies might
>have climbed trees, but it seems far-fetched to me to speculate that
>those sickle claws developed to facilitate tree-climbing ability.  There
>are many other things for which they would seem much more useful.

One last word before this is beat to death.  I agree entirely with your last
statement with the caveat we are all speculating about climbing dromies.

Tigers will pounce from trees and take prey out of trees.  SOME lions will
climb for prey.  I'm not sure they pounce from trees, but would like to know
more about arboreal lions.

Michael Teuton