Re: R: One for the bird brigade

---"T. Mike Keesey" <tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:

> Your new-to-cladistics eye is still being developed.

Agreed.  Tom Holtz wrote me off-list to explain how I had erred in
reading the cladogram.

 My cladogram says
> neither that Paleognathae is "more primitive" than Neognathae,

Two points.

I never said that your cladogram said *anything.*  All I said was that
I looked at it and drew a conclusion.

And I never used the phrase "more primitive," so your placing it in
quotes purporting to attribute it to me is inaccurate and
inappropriate.

==
Larry

"In our youths, our hearts were touched with fire."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes