Dinosaur Holiday Week

Here are some ho-ho-ho-lights of U.S. national television programming
concerning dinosaurs, other prohistoric animals and evolution, from
high art to low trash and back again, all times Eastern (check local
listings to confirm):

Wednesday, December 23

Discovery Channel, 10:00pm
Dinosaurs: Inside and Out
"And then there were none"
Extinction theories.

Thursday, December 24

Discovery Channel, 2:00am
Dinosaurs: Inside and Out
"And then there were none"

Friday, December 25

Disney Channel, 9:00am
Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas
Dinosaurs tour the "world of Christmas" with their natural allies, the
California Raisins.  Fear it.

Saturday, December 26

Disney Channel, 9:30am
Amazing Animals
"Prehistoric Animals"
Extinct animals.  This small topic is covered in a half hour.

Discovery Channel, 2:30pm
Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious Universe
"Doom of the Dinosaurs"
Now where *did* I put those dinosaurs?  Clarke looks into the matter.
Maybe their disappearance had something to do with that weird crystal
skull or a mummy's curse or something.

Sunday, 8:00pm

Disney Channel, 8:00pm
"Dinosaurs"
That rubber suit dinosaur family.  I normally avoid this program like
the plague, but this episode is about the family helping a
paleontologist illustrate dinosaur behavior, so I thought it might
have entertainment value.

==
Larry

"In our youths, our hearts were touched with fire."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes