extinction by suffocation?!

Okie listmembers,
This weekend my mom's BF(boyfriend) told me he knew what killed the
dinosaurs. Naturally I replied with,"OH yeah RIGHT! No one'll ever know
for sure what killed the dinosaurs."
"They suffocated" he said.
"Oh yeah right!" I replied, while trying to get the remote from the
forementioned BF of my mother.
"I saw it on TV," he continued. "There wasn't as much carbon dioxide
back then, and because they didn't have diaphrams, the dinosaurs all
suffocated to death".
"Um...ssssuuuuuuuuuuuuure....I said, not really believeing him, "And
what about the birds?"I asked.
"Little birds and reptiles are small, They don't need as much oxygen as
the bigger animals," The BF said.
"How do you know they didn't have diaphrams?" I asked him.
"Because of the bone structure" he replied.
Somewhat confused, and not believeing him, I have decided to go to the
/List/.
Is the Dinosaur extinction by suffocation a bunch of BS like it sounds
like, or was it merely the fact that my mother's boyfriend said it that
made it sound utterly unprofesional and like crap, or is there any
actuall reason to believe it?
Did all dinosaurs Not have diaphrams? Is there any evidence for dinosaur
diaphrams?
And is this thing about
Oxygen levels being less now than there used to be in the jurassic,
triassic & cretaceous periods? I think that's right but I'm not
sure...(And did I spell Jurassic, triassic & cretaceous right?I haven't
had to spell any of those words in months!!).
Anyway, please help me sort out the 'real' stuff from what my mom's
boyfriend said.
thanks
-Jessica

Jessica Wagar