Re: various & sundry

>Out east, we get Thoracosaurus (one species, which is the same as
>"Holops"), a dyrosaur (not a crocodylian sensu stricto), and one or more
>derived alligatoroids.  None were giant.

Forgot to mention - there was Borealosuchus out east as well during the
Maastrichtian.  There was an abstract at SVP in 1997 (Chicago meeting)
about "Diplocynodon" from the Atlantic Coastal Plain Cretaceous, but from
the photos in their poster, I'm pretty sure it's Borealosuchus.

chris

Christopher Brochu
Department of Geology
Field Museum of Natural History