Re: Proper Vernaculars

At 11:39 PM 12/21/98 -0500, T. Mike Keesey wrote:
>I'm having a bit of a time figuring out how to correctly refer to members
>of certain taxa. Could someone tell me which is more proper for a member
>of ...
>
>... Tetanurae, tetanuran or tetanurine?
>... Neornithes, neornithean or neornithine?
>... Ornithothoraces, ornithothoracean or ornithothoracine?
>... Neognathae, neognath, neognathe, neognathan, or neognathine?

   Actually, a table showing vernacular forms of common taxa forms and,
probably more importantly, obscure ones, might not be a bad thing to place
in my Writer's Guide.  If anybody'd like to contribute, send it to me in
email.

*************** The official website of the new millennium! ****************