Re: Internet T. rex Auction

In a message dated 12/25/98 1:59:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Edels@email.msn.com writes:
.
>  Here is the URL of a quick story about the postponement ot an online
> auction to sell a _T. rex_ fossil:
(URL deleted.)
>  (Note that this is not an endorsement of fossil sales - just a piece of
>  information that came my way).

Despite the disclaimer, this is still not allowed by the rules of the Dinosaur
List:
] a) Attempting to use the list for advertising fossils

] The first such infraction is using the list as a means to aid in the selling
] or buying of fossils. All of us involved in list maintenance feel quite
strongly
] that the list's resources should not be used for that purpose. If you
] advertise a fossil for sale (even if you're not the one who'll be collecting
] the money) you may be removed from the list without warning. If you pass
] along a message that is not explicitly an advertisement but serves to
] alert others of a location where an advertisement can be found -- even if
] you're mentioning the advertisement only to lament its existence -- you
] will be warned not to do so again. If you repeat such an infraction and I
] have even the slightest suspicion that you did so in willful disregard of
]  the list's policies you will be permanently removed from the list.

As Mickey previously informed the list, I will be taking over as list
deputy during his absences, and his policies are my policies.  No
references to fossil sales, no matter what the venue.

Mary
Dinolist Deputy on Duty
mkirkaldy@aol.com
.