Re: Internet T. rex Auction

---Jeff Poling <jpoling@dinosauria.com> wrote:

> At 08:41 AM 12/25/98 EST, MKIRKALDY@aol.com wrote:
> >No
> >references to fossil sales, no matter what the venue.
>
>    A little too vague, in my opinion.  Given this sentence,
discussion of
> "Sue"'s sale at Sotheby's should have been off limits.

Technically, it was.  But Mickey obviously understood the far-reaching
implications of the seizure and auction, and allowed discussion of the
topic for its importance to dinosaur science.  Sue's case obviously
transcended the typical auction.

That's one of the jobs of a moderator -- to make the borderline calls.

==
Larry

"In our youths, our hearts were touched with fire."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes