Re: Controversy

Regarding this, and my previous post that caused a bit of feather ruffling
(for all you feathered dino fans):

    I was merely attempting to pass along what I saw as significant
information from as news source (CNN) - just as I did with the Dino Drops
(possibly less significant).  Mary made her ruling on the message, and while
I sent her a message back attempting to explain my position, I respect her
right to make such a ruling.  (She has since replied to my message, and
explained in detail her position - i.e. the list's position).  I do not
quarrel with the ruling, it was made, as someone (Larry, actually) pointed
out, to clarify a borderline situation.

    On a personal note, I have met Mary on a few occasions, and exchanged
email with her (directly - i.e. off-list) several times.  I also know Mickey
from several years ago when he helped at the Academy of Natural Sciences (of
Phila.) [I believe it was the Jurassic Park exhibit].  I do not fault either
one or consider the ruling to be biased or of ill-will.  I believe that each
of them are as fair as you can be, and still be able to make judgement
calls.  In summation, I trust their judgements.

    I do, however, agree with Roger's points about informing ourselves, and
being aware of such things, so that we are better prepared to deal with the
problems they stir up.  However, in the interest of fairness, the list rules
do not allow for the dissemination of this specific information.  All we can
do, and as I will do in the future, is to pass this kind of information
along to all on the list that we can - directly.  Some of the list members
will be left out, and some will get multiple notices from several sources,
but that's the nature of the situation.  There probably should be a list
concerning the topic in question, where pros and cons can be weighed, and
people can be informed about new occurrences.  (If such a list exists,
someone please inform me - directly).

    Thanks,

        Allan Edels