refs

     Here are a couple things of interest that have come up and should
     interest folks on this list:

     1)  D.L. Brinkman, R.L. Cifelli, and N. J. Czaplewski.  1998.  First
     occurrence of _Deinonychus antirrhopus_ (Dinosauria: Theropoda) from
     the Antlers Formation (Lower Cretaceous: Aptian-Albian) of Oklahoma.
     Oklahoma Geological Survey Bulletin 146, Univ. of OK, Norman, 27 pp.
     It's a nice little study, with more evidence that _Deinonychus_ really
     enjoyed eating _Tenontosaurus_.  And there are measurements of pedal
     phalanges, which makes my heart beat a little faster.  Dan Brinkman is
     a former undergrad student of mine; we did studies of tyrannosaur
     teeth together in days of yore.

     2)  I don't have the complete reference for the following, but Gordon
     Grigg and one of his students have a study of the thermoregulatory
     physiology of salt-water crocodiles coming out very soon in the
     _Journal of Experimental Biology_.  More gigantothermy stuff, with an
     interesting twist that I will let y'all discover for yourselves.  They
     have data for 1000-kg individuals, which for salties would be a rather
     gutsy thing to do.