From: Dinogeorge
To: kodiak; dinosaur
Subject: Re: Definition of "scavenging"
Date: Monday, February 02, 1998 2:12PM

In a message dated 98-02-02 12:43:20 EST, kodiak@inetworld.net writes:

<< And isn't it more likely than not that a T. rex, using it's imposing
 size (and attitude), would steal kills from any smaller predator (including
 other T. rex's) at every possible opportunity? >>

I think of this as the "de Camp" hypothesis, since I saw it first in the
book
_Day of the Dinosaur_ by L. Sprague & Catherine Crook de Camp, back in the
early 1970s. Any earlier references to the idea that larger-size dinosaur
predators evolved their larger size in order to "hijack" (as the de Camps
put
it) carcasses killed by smaller dino-predators?