Re: Definition of "scavenging"

Can anyone name one land animal (that does not have the distance covering
advantage of flight) who exists  totally dependant upon scavenging without ANY
form of predation?
My guess would be a racoon but arent they omnivors?
they forage for just about anything they can get especially
the forest dwellers.

We all know that a T.Rex was equiped for scavenging  and there is debate on
whether or not it was equiped for hunting,
OK how about this
In every ecological environ there is a certain degree of natural wildlife
management.
It is the predators job to control the population of herbivorous animals.If
the medium sized herbivores are not controlled their numbers increase at an
alarming rate. They then continue to ravage the vegetation and destroy the
surrounding wilderness, leaving it uninhabitable . They ultimaltely destroy
themselves in a matter of years.
This having been proven when hunting was banned (I think in Arkansas at least
a decade ago) I remember reading it while studying for a bow hunting license
test.
(very large animals are for some reason excluded from this ,elephants for
example for reasons I do not know.could it be that being mammals their size
limits the number of young they may give birth to at a single time?)

I have not been able to find one carnivorous dinosaur that lived at the time
68-65 mya
that was large enough (or had the equipment ie. dromeosaurs)to take down a
triceratops or a hadrosaur(if anyone knows of one in western NA please let me
know) , and isn't it true that Maiasaur's had clutches of about  eleven at a
time? Wouldn't a an anatotitan or an edmontosaur have relatively similar
clutch size.

so who or what took care of population control if not a Tyrannosaurid?

Wouldn't the herbivores have deforested the environment and destroy themselves
rather than just triming the hedges for millions of years?

Ok I found one, Aublysodon (dinosaur encyclopedia glut&lessem )but so little
known of it. The book suggests it may have been  a tyrannosaur but It had no
tooth serrations. still it was only 15 long. Anatotitan grew up to 40 feet in
length.

What does any one else think