"Beyond T-Rex"

I watched "Beyond T-Rex" last night on Discovery (thanks again for the
heads-up, Larry) and while I was disappointed is in the lack of 'real'
information, I was really surprised by the pronunciation of the two
"challengers'" names.  Now I admit that I never tried to pronounce them, but
instead of Giganotosaurus sounding like "gigantic", they pronounced it like
it was the Irish dancing dinosaur while Carcharodontosaurus sounded that the
coughing dinosaur.  Were these the preferred pronunciations?  Or should they
sound different?