Re: Deinosuchus basics

>Within the crown-group, there's Deinosuchus and, in the Tertiary,
>Rhamphosuchus (a really big gavialoid) and Purussaurus (a giant caiman),
>all of which were *probably* in the 30 to 40 foot range.
>chris

I heard somewhere (how's that for being scientific?) that the largest known
Australian Saltwater Croccodiles were reported to be specimens just over
30' long.   I'm guessing that  those guys were a bit bigger than that?  And
wasn't there another really big one that lived in Quatternary South
America?

Seth A. Ellestad.