Re: Pronunciations

Message text written by INTERNET:jpoling@dinosauria.com

"Carcharodontosaurus Stromer 1931
A nearly complete skull
discovered in southeastern Morocco in 1995 is larger than that of
Tyrannosaurus, though more narrow with a smaller braincase. Theropoda
Carnosauria Carcharodontosauridae L. Cret. NAfr. "

Hi all -

        I have spoken to a paleo-sculptor who has talked with Paul Sereno
and his crew, who report that this last season spent in Africa has produced
a nearly complete _Carcharodontosaurus_ skeleton (smaller than the skull)
and a 70%-complete _Spinosaurus_ skeleton.  Looks like we may have some
details on these animals in the not-too-distant future!  Sorry if this is
old news to anyone!

                                -- Jerry D. Harris

(using this e-mail address temporarily)