Re: pronounciation (a correction)

----------
> From: Jaime Headden <jaemei@hotmail.com>
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: pronounciation (a correction)
> Date: Wednesday, February 04, 1998 6:45 PM
>
> A correction on my earlier post:
>
> That's "karkharos" not "carcharos" because the latter is the Latinized
> form (Greeks didn't have c's).

The greeks didn't have k's, either- in fact, the Greeks didn't have ANY of
the letters being used here, as they didn't use the Roman alphabet.  The
Greek Kappa does look more like a k then a c, however (and is, in fact,
related to the letter k).

Um, and just to keep this on topic, I don't think dinosaurs used either the
Greek or the Roman alphabet.  Matbe they used the Irish Ogam alphabet or
something...