Re: bloated T. rex

At 10:52 AM 2/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>It would have waddled away from the carcasse, found a cozy place, and
>digested its meal.
>
>I don't have the data on hand, but various predators can eat 15-30% of their
>own mass in a single sitting.
>
>GSPaul

        Ah...takes me back to the fifties when Roy Chapman Andrews, in _All
About Dinosaurs_ , related, "Huge chunks of warm flesh, torn from the
Duckbill's body, slide down the cave-like throat. The King's stomach is full
to bursting. Walking slowly to the jungle, he stretches out beneath a palm
tree. For days, or perhaps a week, he lies motionless in a death-like sleep.
When his stomach is empty, he gets to his feet and goes out to kill again.
That is his life- killing, eating and sleeping."