Re: Sin/Megaraptor

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998 tomt@f1.net.au wrote:

> Is Sinraptor a Dromaeosaur?
Not even close. It's a sinraptorid allosauroid.

> What is the estimated size for Meagraptor
Its remains are kinda scrappy. All I know is that the "sickle claw" was 14
inches long (I think that's in life, with the sheath). You could try
scaling up from a relative, but the results could be off.

> and is it a Dromaeosaur?
Possibly. It has also been suggested that it may be the adult form of
bird-relative _Unenlagia_. I place it as Paraves incertae sedis -- could
be a deinonychosaur, could be an avialine, could be neither (but
still closely related).

--T. Mike Keesey
tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu
http://umbc.edu/~tkeese1 -- Dinosaur Web Pages