Re: T. REX THE HUNTER

----------
> From: Larry Dunn <larrydunn@hotmail.com>
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: T. REX THE HUNTER
> Date: Saturday, February 07, 1998 10:44 AM
>
> >From: JSeward123@aol.com
>
> >  Now my scenario: The T. rex was chasing the Edmontosaurus in a
> hunting
> >pursuit. In an effort to trip the Edmontosaurus, the T. rex cocks his
> head to (snip)
>
> No no no!  Here's what REALLY happened:
>
> Tyrannosaurus found a fossil footprint and said (holding up a tiny
> finger to make the point) that it was made by Deinosuchus.
> Edmontosaurus pointed to the still-living Deinosuchus in a nearby pond
> munching an alamosaur (and farting happily and rather rhytmically) and
> queried how this 50 million year old footprint could possibly have been
> made by a live and very-much still kicking crocodylian . . .
>
> You finish the story!  Another ancient mystery solved!
>
> Larry

Actualy, the footprint contained a message (in the Dinosaur alphabet) from
a time-traveling Deinosuchus linguist (who was fluent in Dinosaur) to the
Tyrannosaurus (or rather Tyrannosaura) warning her not to bite the
Edmontosaurus' tail, a message which was recieved, alas, too late... the
edmontosaur was too busy worrying about whether it should be called
Trachodon, Anatosaurus, or Edmontosaurus to notice.